Top carers and nurses have been recognised for their outstanding performance and dedication at the Meallmore Staff Awards presented by singer and TV personality, Michelle McManus.
Members of staff from Meallmore’s 23 care homes across Scotland came together at Perth Race Course to celebrate a successful year and recognise employees who continue to improve the lives of residents and their family members.
This year there were thirteen awards categories, including two new awards, which were the Mentor of the Year Award, and the Meals Mean More Competition, celebrating Meallmore’s best chefs.
There were over 1,100 nominations put forward this year by residents, their families, visiting professionals and staff. The company employs around 1,600 staff, all of whom were eligible for a nomination.
On presenting the awards, Michelle said: “I’ve had a fantastic time at the 2019 Meallmore Staff Awards and feel very privileged to have been involved in such a special day. The care sector is incredibly important to Scotland and it is brilliant to recognise the work done across the Meallmore group for the nation’s growing elderly population.
“I’d like to thank the staff at Meallmore for having me along and being part of their 2019 celebrations.”
Gerry Hennessey, Managing Director of Meallmore, said: “Celebrating success and recognising the hard work of all our staff is extremely important to everyone at Meallmore. Our annual awards are always one of the highlights of the year as we can bring together our teams from across the country to celebrate the outstanding performance and dedication from each member of staff.
“I would like to congratulate all of our shortlisted nominations as well as our worthy winners. I would personally like to thank all our Meallmore staff who go above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care for our residents. A big thank you also goes to Michelle McManus who has come this year to support the work that we do.”
Winners were presented with a certificate, trophy and an iPad, with runners up receiving a certificate of recognition.
Meallmore is committed to providing high quality care and support, investing in staff training, engagement and communication to ensure residents have access to the best possible care. The company provides a range of residential nursing, dementia and mental health care across Scotland.
Award winners include:
- Excellence in Support Services Award: Eamonn Doherty, The Oaks
- Mentor of the Year Award: Andrew Rodden, Meallmore Lodge
- Head Office & Field Based Support Team Award: Angela Paterson, Caulfield House
- Meaningful Activities Award: Sam Dougan, Antonine House
- Staff Newcomer Award: Megan McDougall, Bayview
- Excellence in Dementia Award: Alana Dougan, Antonine House
- Specialist Adult Care Worker: Sam Martin, Hilton Court
- Nurse of the Year: Karen Sneddon, Ivybank House
- Senior Care Worker of the Year: Vicky Kilgour, Culduthel
- Manager of the Year: Suzanne Pitt, Hilton Court
- Carer of the Year: Valerie MacLeod, Crimond House
- Meals Mean More Competition: Paul O Brien, St Modans
- Chairman’s Award – Julie-Anne Thomson, Bayview